LinkedIn is not only for socializing with your new or former co-workers. It is a platform to hire and for job search on LinkedIn. And guess what, you can activate LinkedIn job alerts for that too. Job alerts are messages that contain new recommended jobs for you to apply to.
So how do I create a new job alert on LinkedIn? Let’s discuss how it can be done effectively. Job alerts are a great source of good jobs to take notice of.
How Do You Create a Job Alert on LinkedIn Using a Computer?
Creating a job alert is not a very difficult task, it requires an internet connection and a browser on your laptop or mobile device. Follow the steps below to find out how to Create job alerts on LinkedIn:
- Log in to your account and click on the “job briefcase” icon where you search for jobs.
- Now search for the job you are looking for.
- Lastly, toggle on the set alert button to turn on job alerts.
Here is how to manage job alerts with the most effective job alert settings:
- Click on the briefcase icon on LinkedIn
- Now in the preferences menu, click on the “job alerts” button with an arrow.
- Click on the “Jobs” tab.
- Now manage job alerts however you like. You can toggle on the top job picks for you.
Pro tip: If you are further into setting job notifications. Then you need to simply click on the bell icon on the company’s page. And set the notifications straight.
Afterward, you will start receiving job alerts based on your job search history, profile, and activity.
How Can I Create a Job Alert on the LinkedIn App Using a Smartphone?
Creating a job alert using a smartphone is just as easy as creating it on a PC. Let’s see why:
- Open the LinkedIn app and hit the “Jobs” icon at the bottom right.
- Now tap on the “three vertical dots” near the jobs search bar.
- Afterward, a new menu will be brought up to you from the bottom, where you can tap on the “Job Alerts” button.
- Lastly, turn On the “job recommendations” button.
Create a Company-Specific Job Alert on LinkedIn Using a Computer
Finally, let’s talk about how to be more specific about job alerts. A company-specific job alert will only alert you when the company you are interested in is looking to hire someone. Let’s find out how it works:
- Open LinkedIn and “search for the company” you would like to get job alerts for.
- Now go to the company’s page and click on the “Jobs” option.
- Afterward, move on to create a job alert by clicking on the “Create job alert” button on the company’s main page.
- A new window will appear where they will ask you to give away the “job title and job location” to get alerts from that category. Just fill in the blank boxes.
- After you specify everything, go on to “Create job alert”.
Create a Company-Specific Job Alert on LinkedIn Using Smartphone
Now let’s talk about how to create job alerts through your LinkedIn mobile app:
- On the LinkedIn Home page, Tap on the “briefcase jobs” icon at the down-right corner of your screen.
- In the search jobs box, you need to “search for the company” with its location whose job alerts you want to enable.
- After search the company name you need to change the option from “jobs” to “Companies.” Afterward, select the company.
- Now open the company’s search page and tap “Jobs” in the menu.
- Tap the “plus symbol” to create a job alert.
- Give away the details related to the “job title and job location“, so that you can receive job alerts for a specific job title and location.
- Lastly, tap on the “Create job alert” button.
What are the Benefits of Job Alerts?
Job alerts are extremely beneficial since they notify you whenever a job of your interest appears on LinkedIn. It can be a great deal when you are looking for a job. Each time there is a job, you will get an alert.
LinkedIn has become a new social media giant, and millions find many job postings daily. And job alerts feature enables people to find a suitable job quicker than possible. Because finding a job that you love, is not an easy task.
Job alert aims to help job-seeking individuals find a job faster by notifying them. This benefits them and helps them get a range of job options to apply to.
Important LinkedIn Job Search Tips to Keep in Mind
- Keeps your LinkedIn profile looking healthy and shining bright. A recent study has shown that employers go through the profile of the candidate before they set an interview date. So it is better to represent yourself at a high level.
- Share your skills, experiences, and knowledge in the relevant field. A detailed description would do best.
- Post original content relevant to your field, to attract clients and your specific audience alike.
Building Social Proof
Building social proof of your accomplishments is a great way to build trust. It goes to say that you have truly done something extraordinary and left a mark. Taking endorsements from your colleagues can also help.
We have finally learned how to create job notifications on LinkedIn. And how to create a job alert specific to a company. You need to go the the jobs menu and find the job alerts button. If looking for company-specific alerts, then go to the company’s page and then its jobs menu to enable the alerts.
I hope you loved reading our article and understood every step we smoothly went through. Thanks for reading!
I work at Likes Geek as a marketing researcher and journalist with over 5 years of experience in media and content marketing. With a demonstrated history of working in the international news and financial technology publishing industries. I manage content and the editorial team at Likes Geek.