Facebook and IG are the most widely used social media networks worldwide. Since Facebook acquired Instagram, integration has been tight. If you have an Ig account and an Fb page, you can link the two so that new posts appear on both at the same time.
If you choose to maintain separate social profiles or restrict your social media activities, you can disconnect Facebook and Instagram. Delinking Facebook and Instagram are rather simple. Simply navigate to the Accounts Centre and delete the desired account there.
Social media users now have a single hub for managing their Facebook and Instagram accounts thanks to the Accounts Centre. It allows users to centrally manage connected experiences. These experiences include sharing Instagram and Facebook posts and stories, Instagram reels on Facebook, and a few more cross-platform activities.
Accounts Centre also enables you to disconnect Facebook and Instagram if these accounts are linked.
How to Disconnect Your IG Account from Your Fb Account
When you’re ready to separate your Facebook or Instagram profiles, try one of these methods:
- Using the IG app to unlink Instagram from Facebook
- Using the Fb app to unlink Instagram from Facebook
- Disconnect Fb and IG via the Facebook website
- Disconnect Fb and IG via the Instagram website
- Let’s examine each of these techniques in depth.
How to Unlink Instagram From Facebook Using the Instagram App
Using the Instagram app on iOS and Android, you can follow these steps to break the connection between your Ig and Fb accounts:
- Before disconnecting Instagram from Facebook, you should convert any business accounts to personal profiles.
- To edit your profile, select the “profile symbol” at the bottom right.
- Select “Menu” from the top-right corner (three lines).
- Click “ Settings ”.
- Look for the Accounts Center link toward the bottom of the page.
- Click “Accounts.”
- Pick the account you wish to delete, then tap Remove.
- After seeing the confirmation notification, select Continue. You will have to update one of the passwords if the login information for both accounts is the same.
How to Unlink Instagram From Facebook Using the Facebook App
Using the Fb app for iOS and Android, here’s how you can disconnect Instagram from your Fb account:
- Click Menu (three lines).
- Select Settings (Android) or Settings & Privacy > Settings (iOS) from the menu (iOS).
- Scroll down and select the Accounts Center option.
- Select Accounts.
- Select the account you wish to delete, then tap Remove.
- Tap Continue after seeing the confirmation notification. If both accounts have the same password, one of the passwords must be changed.
Disconnect Facebook and Instagram via the Facebook website
- Go to www.facebook.com.
- Enter your Facebook credentials.
- Find the Profile button on the top-right corner.
- A menu will then display. Select “Settings & privacy”
- Now, select the Settings option.
- To get to the Accounts Center, you’ll need to use the drop-down menu on the left.
- Select the Accounts Centre link.
- In the Accounts Center, you can see a list of linked accounts.
- Click the Remove button adjacent to the account you wish to disconnect.
- Confirm the action ‘Remove’ by pressing the Continue button.
Disconnect Facebook and Instagram via the Instagram website
- Navigate to Instagram.com
- Enter your Instagram credentials.
- Click the Profile button on the top-right corner.
- Click “Settings & privacy” in the resulting menu.
- Click the Settings option next.
- To access your accounts, click the Accounts tab on the left side of the screen. A rundown of all your linked accounts will appear.
- To disconnect a specific account, click the Remove button next to it.
- To finalize the unlinking, hit the Continue button.
What happens when I disconnect Instagram from Facebook?
By disconnecting Facebook and Instagram, neither of these social profiles will be related anymore. Once you disconnect Instagram from Facebook, you will no longer be able to publish Instagram posts straight to Facebook.
In addition, Instagram will not inform your Facebook friends that you are on Instagram, so it may be difficult to attract followers.
Limit Your Facebook-Instagram Interaction
If you wish to maintain an Instagram-Facebook connection, there are choices for customization. You may, for instance, at any time choose to stop publishing such content.
In the Accounts Center of either the Instagram or Facebook app, select Sharing Across Profiles. Select a profile and then use the toggles to activate or deactivate Automatic Sharing for your status updates and stories.
Facebook and Instagram are tightly interwoven, and it is entirely up to you to connect or disconnect them. Submit your inquiries in the box below.