Table of Contents
One of the more advanced features of TikTok for new users is the ability to crop and resize movies, whether that be in terms of their length or how they are altered within the app. Fortunately, although the process may be fussy at first, it will ultimately make everything you create so much better.
HOW TO CROP A VIDEO IN TIKTOK?
Unfortunately, TikTok does not allow you to crop the size of a video within the app, so let’s first discuss how to do it on your phone before discussing how to resize the length of a video.
Downloading the InShot video editor app for iOS or Android is a terrific way to standardize the process while working with many phones with cameras that vary in capability and dimensions. You won’t believe how simple this is!
- Launch the InShot app, select the type of content (video, photo, or collage) you wish to use, and then upload the previously captured clips or images.
- After doing so and clicking “Select,” an array of editing tools will appear. Select the “Canvas” option on the left.
- You’ll find the various aspect ratios supported by the most popular social media sites listed at the very bottom of the “Canvas” selections. Select the one with a time of 9:16 for TikTok. (It features the TikTok logo to make it even easier!)
- After that, you simply need to modify your clips as you see fit and then click the export icon in the upper right corner. (It’s the icon that resembles a square containing an arrow.) Instantly, your cropped video is ready to be uploaded to TikTok!
HOW DO YOU SHORTEN A TIKTOK VIDEO?
What happens if you want to crop the duration of your content once you’ve cropped your video from a size perspective? TikTok’s video trimming features are app-specific and phone-specific, respectively, but otherwise functionally the same. First, we’ll go over some TikTok video cropping basics.
- To make a new video, launch the TikTok app and tap the + sign at the bottom of the screen.
- To start recording a video, simply hit the flashing red button; to stop recording, press the red checkmark.
- Select the “Adjust Clips” button on the right side of the succeeding slide if you’d like to trim the video’s running time. From there, you will be able to resize your video clip by dragging the red brackets. Simply press the save button after you’re finished, and you’re good to go!
HOW DO I DOWNSIZE TIKTOK VIDEOS?
Now we’ll discuss how to downsize a video for TikTok that was recorded outside of the app but on the same device. This is also an exceedingly simple procedure.
- When editing a video for TikTok, the first step is to import the clips you want to use by clicking the plus sign at the bottom of the screen to start a new film. Then, select the “Upload” button located in the right-hand corner.
- If you click “Next” after choosing a video, you’ll be sent to a screen where you can adjust the video’s dimensions specifically for TikTok. After that, you can add any desired sounds, voiceovers, or effects. You can stop worrying now. For use with TikTok, shrink the movie to the dimensions shown here.
What about another simple TikTok hack? You can crop and resize as many videos as you’d like, all of which will aid you in your quest to create amazing entertainment for the audience.